Sunday, November 01, 2009

Wake up, Trent!

It's been a while since I've updated this blogs details. I mean, I didn't even have a link to Orbit in my linkage section, nor a reference to the Death Works books in my bio. Now that's just not on, I mean, talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

So, just in case you don't know. I have novels coming out in the next eighteen months. Three of them. They're about Death. Death in Australia. They're fast, they're funny, and people die in them. Lots of people. You can't write about Death, and not have death - well, you could I suppose, actually that would be a story in itself.

They also contain; something called an Orpheus Manoeuvre; Sentient muttering stone knives known as Bib and Bub; and a giant Moreton Bay Fig that extends in a creaking (always creaking) rickety way over an Underworld Brisbane. Think of that tree, over two kilometres high and branching out from Mt Coot-tha, it's massive root buttresses swinging down the mountain, blades of wood the size of a three-lane freeways cutting into the rich soil of the land of the dead.

I know, I keep on about it. But these books are very major part of my life right now, and I'm dying for people to read them. I want to know what people think about Steven de Selby - I mean, I love the guy, but he could do with a real kick sometimes - not to mention Lissa Jones, and the ominous Mr D.

In far less than twelve months I'll find out.

Scary.


2 comments:

TansyRR said...

You know I love Steve, and Lissa... maybe not Mr D.

It is fucking terrifying, isn't it? Especially working on the later books when no one (apart from a few special people, heh) has even seen the first.

Eeeeeee.

Trent Jamieson said...

It really is. But that's also half the fun. Bring on 2010! (once i finish this draft).