Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Death in the Works

Things have been busy beneath the placid surface of Lake Trentonomicon. I taught a workshop on short story writing at Rockhampton on the weekend - which was a lot of fun, and, as usual, when I do these things I learnt a hell of a lot as well.

In the background, I've been furiously working on book 2 of Death Works - Managing Death. I'm hoping to have a draft finished by the end of August middle of September, so things will be very quiet around here for a while yet.

Excitingly the first book - Death Most Definite - is now up on Amazon.uk including a little blurb. Check it out. The structural edits of book one arrived in the post today. It all seems to be coming together. Spent most of the day walking around the house, cleaning, and trying to factor in some rather large changes in the first book that have rather important and (hopefully) interesting implications for the next one - let's just say big betrayals are afoot.

At the same time Aurealis 42 is now available. A new Lucy Sussex or Geoff Maloney story is always a reason for celebration. I'm in there too, with about the only short story I am likely to see published this year. It's called Neighbourhood of Dead Monsters and I'm rather fond of it.

Oh, and there was a storm.


2 comments:

Leon of Leichhardt said...

Not being the literary wizard you are I will just say.

duuuuuuuuuuuude

All sounding great!

Trent Jamieson said...

Thanks, Leon.

Things are pretty good at the moment.