Monday, July 20, 2009

So, I'm a Tolkien Tragic


Yes, I've heard that Sean Bean is going to be playing Lord Eddard Stark in the HBO adaptation of A Game of Thrones which is very cool, but I'm even more excited by this. They've started rebuilding Hobbiton for the adaptation of the Hobbit. I'm such a LOTR tragic that I've actually been there (and Rivendell, and a whole bunch of other LOTR locations in NZ). The Hobbit is one of those wonderful books from my childhood. I was already reading Science Fiction by then, thanks to Dr Who, but the Hobbit was the book that got me reading fantasy, and is probably the reason I still see my self as a fantasist.

So here's me indulging in my dagdom to the max.

Here I am standing outside of a hobbit home. Note I am a little taller than the average hobbit.


Diana and I squat uncomfortably in Bag End


And here's a bored local.

A day later, Diana was so embarrassed by her geekdom that she jumped off this*









*yes, that is my wife. I stayed bravely on the ground, someone had to guard our things.

2 comments:

Leon of Leichhardt said...

We just did our annual winter rewatching of the whole thing. Extended versions, I thought the theatricals were a bit rushed, though good in the theatre. They are well made films.

Trent Jamieson said...

We're just about due to do the same thing here. Extended versions it's the only way with LOTR.