Monday, July 27, 2009

A Little Linkage - It's all I have time for.

Peter Singer has written an interesting piece on the importance of an education in the Humanities here.

Certainly worth checking out.

And that increasingly exciting writer, Peter M Ball has written a fine story, read it here.

We're in the middle of a great and wonderful ferment in Australian SF. So much good stuff is happening. There's hardly a day when I don't come across some interesting bit of Australian SF, or hear of some new book coming out.

I mean we've new novels by Marianne de Pierres to look forward to, Richard Harland's Worldshaker is getting about, and there's a Deborah Biancotti short story collection nearly out. How can you not be excited?

And then my dear friend, and Avid colleague, Krissy Kneen's new book is being launched on Thursday. Let me tell you, this book is going to explode, and then the explosions are going to explode. It's not SF, but it comes from that honest place that all good books come from - and I'm not talking about Alstonville.

So what's getting past my radar?

Let me know, what I'm missing or have forgotten, or what you're writing, if you have more time than I do.

It's certainly more exciting than word counts and photos of me staring slack jawed at the camera from the dim distance of my holidays - oh, those halcyon days, I do miss you.


No comments: