Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No, I haven't died

It's amazing what a house move can do to crush your spirit, particularly when it's combined with a nasty cold, a major weather event, assignment marking, and almost total lack of internet access. Well, the house move is almost done - other than the stuff in storage - the cold is little more than a lingering cough, and I have internet access!

Spirit is slowly uncrushing, particularly when combined with the various bits of excitement on the horizon, not to mention the increasing order of my study - I can actually find my dictionaries now. Productivity gradually increases, now if I can just get rid of this cough...

And the new place is lovely. The other day there was a koala (and its baby) in a gum tree, just behind our fence, and a pretty faced wallaby chewing on leaves nearby. Nice to know there is a ready supply of food.

In my spare moments, I'm reading Richard Morgan's "The Steel Remains" which has to stand as one of the finest pieces of Heroic Fantasy written in years - excellent stuff.

No comments: