Monday, February 09, 2009

Back

well, I've been back from teaching at Clarion for a couple of days. I had the most amazing experience, the students were generous, and courteous. Their critiquing of a very high level, as you would expect: after four weeks. And they were just a fine bunch of people to be around and get to know a little.

Considering when I got the offer to do this (little more than two weeks ago) I thought I was going to throw up, I didn't do too badly. And, as always I learnt so much: not least, this time, that putting yourself out of your comfort zone is one of the most important things you can do (that, and eating oily fish).

Jeff Vandermeer has them this week, and I know he's going to energize and excite them: not only is he a very fine writer, but a fabulous and insightful teacher. Glad I could steer them through the perils and weariness of week five. Now Jeff's going to bring it all home.

No comments: