Monday, November 10, 2008

Red Pen Week

It's red pen week at Casa Nomicon. I'm working through the draft of Iron Temple, filling index cards, writing in margins - sadly, lots and lots of question marks and scrawly notes demanding "To What Purpose?". There's only a month to go, and there's still plot holes that I could drive a truck through - but it will come together.

It's one thing selling a story, it's altogether a different proposition when you're writing something that is going to share space with Margo Lanagan, Terry Dowling, Cat Sparks, Paul Haines, and Louise Katz. You don't want to be the one that writes something that sucks, or, even worse, is just okay.

It's more than a little scary.

Back to the red pen.

6 comments:

Paul Haines said...

I'm hoping it's you and not me!

Trent Jamieson said...

Thanks! Like it could ever be you, Paul.

Trent Jamieson said...

And, Cat's been on fire lately. It's so going to be me. Great anthology, people will say, but the Jamieson, what were they thinking?

Among Amid While said...

Stop your whining - you have a draft? You're up to the red-pen stage? You have NOTHING to complain about.

Hugs,
Margo.

Cat Sparks said...

Dude, my fire is *so* not firing at the moment... I reckon its gonna be me.

Trent Jamieson said...

No more whining, Margo, I promise.

Maybe it won't be any of us, Cat.

Now, all of you, get back to writing, and off the internet!