Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wordpool

was a blast.

It was great meeting Krissy Kneen. Kim and Josie were utterly entertaining speakers (Kim Wilkins always is*!). And Kate's M.C.ing wonderful (thank you, Kate).

Then there was Terry Whidbourne's sublime artwork, check out his webpage at www.the7thworld.com for just hint of the very cool stuff he is doing. I 'm dying to see more of Queen Bee, and the Edwardian graphic novel he's working on sounded fantastic. He's a very talented artist and I reckon we'll only be seeing more of his artwork in the future.

All in all an excellent night at an excellent bookstore.


*I'm sure the same goes for Josie Montano, too.

2 comments:

Glori said...

Hi Trent,

D'oh! I had planned on getting to that Wordpool as it was a week of sans teen ("not Another Writing Thing") & completely lost track of the dates. I blame sleep deprivation & crazy-busy work!

Glad it went off well. I'm sure it would've been a blast!
Nicky

Trent Jamieson said...

Hey Nicky,

Not a problem - I've missed so many of these myself.

It was a lot of fun, and it's certainly reminded me why I should be going to more of these. They're well worth supporting - not least because they're so entertaining.

Trent