Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lighterman's Tale

Well, I was extremely chuffed this morning to hear from my bud Dirk Flinthart that my story The Lighterman's Tale is going to be Canterbury 2100. I'm very excited about this, because, for one, I'm sure it's going to be a pretty cool anthology, anything Cat Spark's Agog! Press produces is, and I put a lot of sweat and blood into my story - just trying to get the voice right.

Oh, and my bookshop owning mother-in-law, called me up today to let me know that they'd gotten their hands on a reading copy of this. Which I expect to be a rather fine anthology as well, and which also contains another story of mine that did not come easily to me, but of which I am awful proud.

See, I'm almost looking prolific.

4 comments:

Durand said...

Hey Congrats,
Dirk's taking a story of mine, The Mathematician's Tale. I did a google search to try and find out who else is appearing. Idle curiosity, I guess. Looks like I'm in good company. I'm looking forward to seeing the table of contents.

Graham said...

Certainly looks prolific to me. You haven't been talking to Marianne have you?

Trent Jamieson said...

So am I, durand. I think it's going to be something special.

Trent Jamieson said...

Graham, Hah! Marianne has to be one of the best influences on my writerly life. If only we could bottle her advice.