Wednesday, May 28, 2008

No Sleep Means a Plot

2 in the morning I was rudely awoken by two dogs barking at possums warring (and it was a mighty sort of battling with clumping and banging from roof to tree and back again) and that was that, I couldn't get back to sleep. So, instead, I plotted a novel based on Day Boy. It may come as no surprise to some, but I rarely plot anything, but this has come to me fully formed - of course I don't have time to write it, but maybe, if I could just routinely wake at 2 in the morning...

Day Boy itself started with nothing more than a voice, and the image of two boys lounging and smoking in a vampire's crypt and making faces at the sleeping monster and his "solemn dreams".

But I think there's more there and the voice keeps rattling in my skull, so we'll see.

Lack of sleep must suit me, made more breakthroughs with a certain story today then I have all year.

No comments: