Wednesday, April 16, 2008

He Spoke too Soon

Well, there's been some medical emergencies at the Jamieson household.

Have spent the last week travelling backwards and forwards (and in circles) between home and the hospital.

Diana isn't particularly well, she might be home over the weekend, though she probably will have to go back in next week. This has been the culmination of not such a good year for my darling, but hopefully things are on the mend. Has meant that I'm behind in just about everything. Today is the first day I've actually been able to write at home*, after spending the day in hospital, which I take as a sign that my subconscious mind has decided that D is going to be okay, and I'm prepared to trust it, over my somewhat more pessimistic conscious noggin'.

It's this kind of stuff that tends to put everything else into perspective. It also reminds me what a wonderful family I have - on both sides.

*not that I was forcing it, just that it felt good, and I wanted to do it, which is normally how I feel about writing.

2 comments:

roberthoge said...

Trent, just dropped by to say I'd read and enjoyed you're evocative story in issue 14 of Zahir. A nice little piece.

But then I read this. I hope Diana gets well. And I hope she made it home for the weekend and that you're nowhere near a computer reading this.

Trent Jamieson said...

Thanks Robert, that story's gotten me a few nice comments.

Diana is home, though she's going back in tomorrow - maybe only for the day though.