Monday, April 21, 2008

Good News of Various Sorts Including a Sandwich

Diana is out of hospital. I can't say how happy I am to have her home, but the place feels right again, and the dogs and cat are happy (maybe if I didn't beat them with a stick when she wasn't around, eh...).

Other happiness of a writing sort:

My story when I was thirteen I ate my city is up at Dog Versus Sandwich, Ben Payne's excellent Blogzine. I am very fond of that story, thanks to Ben for taking it.

I also received the edits of my story Delivery from the wonderful Damien Broderick. The story will be appearing in issue 21 of Cosmos Magazine. I'm very excited about this sale, I've wanted to sell a story there since issue 1. Best of all it's me mucking about in spaceships, is there a more satisfying pursuit for a writer?

Oh, and I heard from Stuart Mayne at Aurealis. He's taking a story of mine called Neighbourhood of Dead Monsters. Should see the light of day by the end of the year. I believe that makes it my fifth sale to that fine magazine - and it's a lovely horror story, or a horrible love story, but there's definitely horror and love in there. What's more it's the first story that they've published of mine that isn't science fiction.

What with these, and Day Boy coming out next month in Murky Depths, and New Deal in Dreaming Again, I almost look prolific.

No comments: