Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good Week

Just came back from a walk with the dogs by the river: ziggy and ernie are slumped on the stairs grinning like the lovely canine idiots they are. A beautiful, if muggy, afternoon. Diana is back at school, can't believe the holidays passed by so quickly. Time endlessly* astounds me.

This week has been a good week for various reasons. Last week was a bad week for various reasons. It's ridiculous, and instructive, how similar those two weeks have been.

Made my first story sale of the year to a very cool magazine. Don't want to jinx it until I see the contract, but this little pale duck is feeling very pleased with himself. That makes it six shorts that should see publication this year.

There are other writing things afoot, good and bad, but nothing I want to talk about right now. Except I'll be at the Aurealis Awards on Saturday, hope to see some of you there.



*well not endlessly, which is rather the point I suppose.

No comments: