Saturday, October 20, 2007

1001 Nights Cast and Sundry Thoughts

I was very fortunate indeed to have a story become an infinitesimal part of Barbara Campbell's excellent 1001 Night's Cast. The performance has come and gone, but you can check out the text here. Any one considering submitting something definitely should have a crack, it was fun, and a perfectly liberating way to end the week.

And what a week it was.


Some things fell apart and some things came back together again. I finished the first draft of my Brisbane novel, then sold a flash piece to Dog Versus Sandwich. Then I thrashed around trying to work out what it is I want to write while the first draft of the novel ferments in my head because it needs the time, because while this has been the least painful first draft of my life, it's still very far from there. I'm always like this after I've finished something bigish.


Next week should be a more focussed week.

No comments: