Friday, September 07, 2007

Sunshine

Just watched Sunshine, and well, have to say, what the hell was going on with the end of that movie*? I can totally understand the criticisms of the movie suggesting it was little more than an SF movie that referenced other SF movies**. About the best thing I can say is that there have been few SF movies as pretty as Sunshine, the fx were gorgeous.

And the alternate ending, pray tell, how was it fundamentally different to the ending of the cinematic release?

Possible tagline: In the future, the sun will dim, and everyone will become an emotionless arsehole that you don't care about.

*Sure I'd had a couple of glasses of merlot, but hey, that usually doesn't impinge on my comprehension of movies.

** Silent Running, Alien, Solaris, Event Horizon(see Alien and Solaris).

2 comments:

deborahb said...

The entire time I watched SUNSHINE, I wished I was watching EVENT HORIZON. Again.

Trent Jamieson said...

Yeah, and I'm not even that fond of Event Horizon. I'm begining to wonder if I don't like SF movies anymore.