Friday, August 03, 2007

Sick

I have never felt as sick as I did yesterday, had the total, fever, vomit, dizziness thing going. Bad enough in a quiet household. I can't tell you how much it sucks to wake up with a puppy gnawing a hole in your ear. So I'm dizzy, vomiting, with a headache that feels like my sinuses have exploded and taken out most of my brain, and I'm mopping up blood from my chewed up ear. It only got worse from there.

But I did get a great idea for a new Anthozoan story. The Anthozoans were my warlike coral creatures in Porcelain Salli. That idea was about the only thing that got me through the day. That's what writing's all about, I reckon: except for the writing bit of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pooor you. In complete sympathy
M x

Geoffrey Maloney said...

Commiserations, I felt the same way today, but didn't get to the vomit stage. Apparently it's a well-known rule that when you put vomit in a story, you just lose the reader. Well, I heard it somewhere.

Hope you are feeling better.

cheers

Geoff

Trent Jamieson said...

It's the worst I've felt in a long time, on the up though, other than a sore throat and the odd dizzy spell I'm feeling much better, probably would be totally over it if I hadn't indulged in a couple of glasses of Chardonay yesterday.

Hope you're on the mend too, Geoff.