Sunday, May 06, 2007

SALE OF THE DAMNED

I sold a story this week that I've been working on for some time. Can't say much about where, but I'll be extremely pleased to see this one in print.

It's part of my very loose (mainly in my own head) thematic series of stories called "Beautiful Cities of the Damned" Tumble was the first of these, it was a kind of a western set in part in an alternate world version of my home town of Gunnedah – not that I've been there in ten years or so, maybe that's what Gunnedah is like now, eh. This next one is set in a city bound up in the belly of a giant snake god and is a kind of noirish thing: it was a hell of a lot of fun to write. The one after, if I ever get around to writing it is going to be a more mannered piece, along the lines of my short Persuasion* but darker and set in an eyeball.

That is if I ever get around to writing it, I'm not that into interlinking stories, Porcelain Salli and Slow and Ache being the only stories of mine that are directly related. Though I do see all of my stuff as being set in the same universe: that is my brain, which is really a bit squishier than the universe, but there you go.

Anyway, feeling reasonably pleased with myself, and, with twelve more episodes of Twin Peaks to watch, whats not to love about the world?


* Which you can read in my collection Reserved for Travelling Shows buy it here you won't regret it, unless you regret it.

No comments: