Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rainish

Hey, it's raining: not drought breaking rain, nor the sort of rain that comes down so hard you can't hear yourself think, but good steady soaking rain. I've missed that sound.

Spent the night finishing up a story*, and now it's done, I can go to bed, and it's raining.

*Though, of course, tomorrow it will reveal itself to me in all its implausible, unfinished truth, because stories are really never finished, they're precious little buggers, all "I'm sooo much better than this."

2 comments:

Tamara Shardlow said...

Hey, I know exactly what you mean! It's raining here today and it's not drought breaking rain either, but lordy it sounds nice! I never thought that I'd be loving rain in Melbourne, but I am!

Trent Jamieson said...

Glad you've had some rain down there. We've had a little more over the last few days, still not enough though.