Sunday, February 11, 2007

Things I'm Adoring

The things I am adoring right now are Paul Park's "Princess of Roumania" which has to be one of the finest fantasy novels I have read in ages, just beautiful, the sentences, oh the sentences, and the world itself, it's absolutely glorious. Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan's album "Ballad of the Broken Seas" bought this album yesterday, and it's amazing, if you like beautifully arranged country-bluesy-folk that's as moody as all hell give this a try. Oh and beer, I'm rediscovering beer of late, beer is indeed good.

Diana, who I always adore, had a wonderful birthday, there were suprises, there were special guest stars, there was even a city.

And, hey, the Shimmaron books are on their way. Apparently I am now one of "Australia's leading authors for children" Hah!

Talking of which, and talking of true leading authors and what have you, I caught up with Marianne, Margo and Rowena yesterday: three of my favourite people in the world. There was also a city involved.

No comments: