Sunday, February 04, 2007

Has it really been that long?

Well I'm back, I'll get the broom out, and brush away those cobwebs, actually I rather like the cobwebs, and the dust, well it does give a sense of substance, or at the very least atmosphere.

I've been busy, making life changes and writing and stuff, just generally been busy. But I didn't mean to be away for so long.

Just finished rewriting my kids' book "The City and the Stony Stars", which is part of the whole Shim collective. Just finished the final draft of a new story and subbed it, and am about to finish another, and there are a good dozen other stories that are on the passing through the border between mess and story, so life is good – which doesn't mean the stories themselves are good, but that's neither here nor there.

If you haven't yet read it I'd recommend Paul Park's "A Princess of Roumania" a thoroughly entertaining and somewhat dislocating novel with wonderful characterisation and beautiful writing. But you've probably read it. It's part one of a series, but this is the real deal, a classic in the making, that contains prose you want to read aloud, and villians drawn so perfectly you feel for them as much as you hate them.

Well, I'm back.

No comments: