Friday, August 04, 2006

It's been a Quiet Week

I'm working my way through a draft of my kid's novel "The City & the Stony Stars". It's been fun. The writing is stripped back and more action focussed than what I usually write. It has also revealed a lot my flaws as a writer - weird logic jumps, a tendency to sentence fragments, and run on sentences. This is all good, it never hurts to be aware of these things, nouns and verbs, people.

Also been ticking along on what I think is my new novel. Not sure if it’s working, but it’s keeping me interested, and that's the most important thing, at least at this stage.

Tonight though, I'm just wasting time, and wishing I was in Melbourne. Happy launches to Paul Haines, Grace Dugan, the Eidolon folk, and anyone else I may have forgotten.

2 comments:

Leon of Leichhardt said...

Wasting time? We are masters of the art...

I've been trying to finish a synthesizer masterpiece called Searching the Tundras...

Should post u a CD soon.

Trent Jamieson said...

Yeah, we've always been rather good at wasting time.

Searching the Tundras sounds cool, Leon. I'll have to get my crap together and send you some stuff as well.