Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rain

It's raining. Has been for most of the afternoon. I love this city in the rain. And I'm getting some writing done, and reading - I just wish I could read faster.

Along with "The Line of Polity" - the book which actually has me looking forward to the commute - I can highly recommend Agog! Ripping Reads, definitely the best one of Cat Spark's antho. series yet. I'm a dipper into of anthologies, and this one has already served up some treats. Ben Peek's "The Souls of Dead Soldiers are for Black Birds, Not Little Boys" is great, maybe my favourite of Ben's stories so far. Geoffrey Maloney's "When the World was Flat" is also a corker and sits very nicely at the front of the book.

The best thing is I've still got at least a week's worth of dipping to go.

Now, lets hope this rain keeps up for a few days more.

3 comments:

Geoffrey Maloney said...

When the World is Round will be coming soon. Starring Tycho Brahe, Copper Coppernicus, Gaileo Galieo, and Joey Keppler. Complete with pasta and pizza recipes by Mona Lisa.

Trent Jamieson said...

Sounds tasty. :)

Geoffrey Maloney said...

Tasty indeed. It will be sexy and spicy, and the true Da Vinci code will be revealed, in the pepperoni, chilli, olives and anchovey combination. I hope that I'm not revealing too much by saying that that the true Da Vinci code is in fact the secret to interstella drive, and it will change the way we eat pizza for all time. Gibson almost got there with Mona Lisa Overdrive. I intend to reveal the complete truth in When the World was Round. The key is that pizzas are both round and flat. But more on this later as the story breaks...