Wednesday, June 07, 2006

a radiant gathering of sock puppets

The sock puppets are gathering, knocking on the door with their little sock puppet knuckles. I woke this morning to a whole bunch of them standing on the end of the bed watching me with their beady button eyes - I think the sock puppet Heinlein is their leader. He was chatting with a sock puppet Hemingway - on his way to a literary festival in Melbourne.

I coughed up a sock puppet Poe the other day, and I suspect there is a sock puppet Lovecraft in my left lung - growing, changing.

The dog and cat are skittish.

This may have been a mistake.

But I remain optimistic.

The sock puppets are gathering.

2 comments:

chrisbarnes said...

Does the Hemingway sock puppet have a hole in it? :)

Trent Jamieson said...

Yes, and so does the Robert E Howard sock puppet and the H Beam Piper sock puppet. Writers and their guns, eh.