Friday, May 05, 2006

The Singularity is Near - as in Ray Kurzweil's

I'm reading Ray Kurzweil's book "The Singularity is Near" and enjoying it, though I really think it should be called "the book of one graph" or "the way one graph repeated ninety times illustrates the same story" or "the only way is up (see graph)". Seems, according to these graphs that we're all going to be uploaded in the not too distant future, and then a series of ever escalating graphs will slowly digest the universe. So you better get your x and y axes sorted or you're seriously screwed.*

Personally I like my post singularity stuff to be a bit racier, see here

This author is also writing some rather kick arse post singularity stuff too, and you'll only have to wait until March.



*Which is extremely unfair, because I've only read until page 107, and the graphs drop off after that, a quick scan tells me.

No comments: