Yesterday, as the storm came in, I started work on a final scene linking the old draft with the new stuff. I’ve added Eight thousand words to the front end of the book. Oddly enough the story features storms, as did that scene, so it helped with some of the detail as dark clouds slid over Brisbane suburbia, and a few hundred birds, parrots in the main, found noisy refuge in the trees behind our place – it’s once an indignant and nervous sort of background noise, all those parrots suddenly in one place.
I’m now onto the structural edit proper, but those new words have put what is to come into perspective. I’m confident it’s going to be a much better book by the time I’m done